The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas are HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
Due to the expansion of its programs, the Council is seeking qualified individuals to fill the following position:
Position: Programme Officer (Operations)
- The programme officer for operations will work closely with the team leader and other project management staff to ensure the smooth implementation of an ambitious program of capacity building for community based organizations, service delivery agencies and professionals; expansion of pilot projects; and dissemination of evidence and best practices to promote asset building and safe spaces for adolescent girls in six states across Northern Nigeria.
- S/he will support monitoring and documentation of project activities, including tracking and input of M&E data provided by community based partners grant recipients to track and ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- S/he will maintain and keep up to date project workplans, logframes, and other key project management documents,
- The position will also provide important support work to staff and partners in building a community of practice around adolescent girls’ services, facilitating dissemination of research, success stories, and best practice
What We Require from the Candidate
- Master’s degree Business Management, Public Administration, or a related field, with a minimum of eight years of experience in managing and implementing finance, administration, and management support activities, preferably an international development programme context
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of programme within a health and social service context in Nigeria, with specific experience with programmes focused on women and girls, and northern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team, with senior level staff, and with community partners and stakeholder groups
- Excellent English language writing and speaking ability.
- Must speak fluent Hausa and have experience living and working in northern Nigeria.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle heavyworkload with competing priorities and work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team
11th February, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly stating current salary and salary expectations) and CVs to: email@example.com. Clearly state the position title for whcih you are applying for and your full names with the surname first, then other names (e.g Deputy Director (Research) – BEN, Shehu Ekong) in the subject area of the email. Note: All attachments must be in PDF format